America in Ashes
Translate page into:
William Branham claimed he saw a series of prophetic visions in June 1933, which he also claimed to write down in an old book. In the last vision, there was an explosion, and the United States was turned into ashes from coast to coast. He predicted this would happen by 1977.
I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America. (Church Age Book, Chapter 9)
Problems with the Prophecy
In the Laodicean Church Age book, William Branham says, “Now let me say this. Can anyone prove any of those visions wrong? Were they not all fulfilled?”
Almost 80 years after 1933, we now have the benefit of hindsight in our ability to confirm the accuracy of these prophecies. William Branham stated that the prophecies were written down, so each retelling should have been consistent with prior retellings. However, William Branham did not mention this disaster as part of the 1933 visions until 1960, and the book of prophecies has now been apparently lost (Voice of God Recordings were asked to produce it by Peter Duyzer). The big question is - Why didn't William Branham mention the destruction of America before 1960?
He then said that the destruction would happen after Kennedy’s election, and predicted this would happen before 1977. William Branham said that the vision was “Thus Saith The Lord”, but that 1977 was his own prediction. The Church Ages Book, however, contains a very simple prophecy of destruction that omits any reference to both Kennedy and 1977.
A summary of the recordings of this prophecy are as follows:
- 1960: America would be in ashes at the end time. 
- 1960: A bomb will explode the United States after the Kennedy’s election. 
- 1960: America was predicted to be in ashes by 1977. 
- 1960: Thus Saith the Lord, after the visions, the United States would be destroyed. Predicted to occur by 1977. 
- 1961: United States would be burnt after the visions are fulfilled. 
- 1961: US tragedy predicted by 1977. 
- 1961: The US smoldering by 1977. 
- Church Age Book: An explosion will shake the entire land of America. 
Was the prophecy plagiarized?
This prophecy is remarkably similar to the prophecy given by A.A. Allen 6 years earlier. Is this simply another case of William Branham copying someone else's work?
Russians armed with Vodka
I want to ask you something. They claim that this new hydrogen bomb... And that's the only ones we know of. We don't know what they got back the sleeve. But they can stand in Moscow, Russia, and time a bomb right on this building by the stars, and guide it by radar, and got them placed to every major nation, and every major city in the world. Just pull on a string, and there she goes. Somebody's going to drink too much vodka one day; there it'll be.
When God sends a gift to the people and they'll recognize it, it's always a golden age. But when they refuse it, there's nothing left but a chaos for that generation. Now, listen closely. If God had sent the Holy Spirit in this age for a sign, and we reject It, there's nothing left but a destruction. But if we refuse it, we'll sure to be blowed off the earth. The atomic bombs are hanging ready now, each one afraid to pull the trigger. But someday, they'll have too much vodka and press the trigger. And when that--that bomb passes through that radar, sound... When it goes through there, there'll be others go the other way. And you know what will take place? The world can't stand it. ...Before that can happen, the Church will be gone.
- Then I seen it just like ashes, laying, where it come to the end. It was the end time…The Holy Spirit said to me. There it is on paper. You can't... It can't be denied. There it is on paper, as the Holy Spirit said. (December 4, 1960, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- 40 “Then I seen the United States as one smoldering, burnt-over place. It will be near the end.” Then I got, in parenthesis, “(I predict that this will take place…).” Now, remember, the Lord, that’s what the Lord showed. “(But I predict this will take place before 1977.) Upon this prediction, I base, because of the onrushing slaught that’s coming now, how fast that it was moving, how long it’ll take till this nation meets its place. ...Women, given the right to vote, elected President-elect Kennedy--with the woman's vote, the wrong man, which will finally be to full control of the Catholic church in the United States; then the bomb comes that explodes her. There's seven things predicted, and five of them has already happened. So you can judge yourself how far away we are. (November 13, 1960, Jeffersonville, Indiana, para. 40, 42)
- Then I turned to look and I seen the United States was a smoldering something had burned it up. And down beneath there I said, not in the trance, but, "I predict..." (remember this, I guess this is taped too), "I predict that these things will take place between now, 1933 and 1977." (November 25, 1960, Shreveport, Louisiana)
- "Then I looked again, and I saw the United States just blowed to pieces. There wasn't nothing left on it." And I predicted then. "Now this, that was THUS SAITH THE LORD." And think! Of five of those seven predictions, has already happened. The church to take a hold, the Catholic church. And the coming of the end time. And I said, "I seen, looked like there was stumps burning; rocks, blowed out; and the whole United States just looked bare, laying like that, as far as I could see where I was standing." And I said, "I predict, according to the way time is moving, it'll be sometime between this year '33 and '77." And it'll have to squeeze awful hard to get through there. And we're setting on a powder keg, friends. Everything's ready. (December 8, 1960, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- So then I seen the time of--of the end coming, and five things that the Lord let... Seven things I saw, five of them has already come to pass. I seen a powerful woman stand up to the United States. You can write this down if you do so--it's going to happen. I don't know... She's on her road now. Exactly. And she took over. And then I seen the United States just like something had burnt it over hit it, and just something, blowed up rocks and things. (January 28, 1961, Phoenix, Arizona)
- It's already in print and went out around the world. See? That was in 1933. And I predicted that there would be some great tragedy happen to this United States before or by the year of 1977. How many remembers me saying that? Look at the hands. Sure. (August 6, 1961, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- Now, then after that, I turned and looked, and I saw this United States burning like a smolder; rocks had been blowed up. And it was burning like a--a heap of fire in logs or something that just set it afire; and looked as far as I could see and she'd been blown up. And then the vision left me. Five out of the three has happened--five out of the seven, rather, has happened. And here comes around and shows, and then I predicted... I never said the Lord told me that, but standing that morning in the church, I said, "The way progress..." I got back to one end of the wall and run to the other end of the wall, and I said, "The way progress is going on, I'll predict that the time (I don't know why I'm saying it.)--but I predict that that'll all happen between right now, 1933, and 1977. (August 6, 1961, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- The last and seventh vision was wherein I heard a most terrible explosion. As I turned to look I saw nothing but debris, craters, and smoke all over the land of America. (Church Age Book, Chapter 9)
- Sermon: A Greater Than Solomon Is Here, Bloomington, IL, April 12, 1961.
- Sermon: The Queen of Sheba, Tifton, GA, January 10, 1960.